Start using Slickalpha: Free trial guide
Thank you for choosing Slickalpha! We are absolutely thrilled to have you join us, and we can't wait to jumpstart your experience. Our free trial is a great way to start using Slickalpha mailspace, and see how it can benefit your business. You can experience all the essential features of our business email solution without any risk or commitment.
With our guided onboarding process, learn everything you need to know about our platform. In this article, we'll show you how to set up your first mailspace subscription and some tips to make the most of it.
1. Create account
Ready to get started? Creating a Slickalpha account is simple and straightforward.
- Go to slickalpha.com home page, and click the Start for free button.
- On the Add domain page, enter your domain name and click Continue.
- Replace your domain's authoritative (WHOIS) nameservers with the following Slickalpha nameservers on your domain-registrar platform. For more information, please refer to our documentation on updating domain nameservers. You can skip this step for later, if you wish to use another DNS hosting.
- Fill in the on-screen fields, and click on Continue. Under the phone number section, choose your country code from the drop-down and then enter your phone number without the country code in the next field. Ensure that your password is strong, containing eight or more characters with a mix of letters, numbers & symbols.
- Enter the verification code sent to your email address or phone number, as shown on the page.
2. Checkout free trial
Now that your Slickalpha account is verified, you can proceed to check out and claim your free trial.
- Open the checkout page and confirm that your cart has the mailspace plan "BUSINESS 5X" with the trial coupon code applied for your free trial.
- Check out your free mailspace subscription by clicking "Place order".
3. Verify domain name
Verifying your domain on your Slickalpha account is critical to protecting your Slickalpha mailspace. It proves you are the rightful owner of the domain name and helps us prevent malicious actors from claiming ownership. The verification process for your domain name depends on your choice of DNS hosting.
A. With Slickalpha DNS
- Open the My Domains page, and click the manage icon right next to the domain name to be verified.
- Under domain overview, enable Slickalpha DNS and click on Verify domain.
- Follow the steps mentioned in the pop-up to point your domain to Slickalpha DNS. For additional information, please see this related guide on updating domain nameservers.
- After updating your domain nameservers, you can verify NS propagation with our free NS checker tool. DNS propagation usually takes less than 72 hours.
- To confirm the domain setup, click the Verify domain button on the pop-up from step (iv) to confirm.
B. Using other DNS service
- Open the My Domains page, and click the manage icon next to your domain name.
- Under the domain overview, disable Slickalpha DNS and click on Verify domain to view the domain verification procedure.
- Add domain verification key as a TXT record to your domain DNS with the value mentioned in that pop-up modal.
- After adding this DNS record, you can validate propagation using our free DNS lookup tool. DNS propagation typically takes less than 72 hours.
- Finally, click the "Verify domain" button on the pop-up from step (iii) to verify your domain.
4. Activate mailspace trial
Congratulations on completing your domain verification! Now that you have successfully verified your domain, the next step is to activate your mailspace trial subscription using that domain.
- Open My Mailspaces page, and click the Setup button.
- Select your verified domain from the pop-up, and click the Activate button.
5. Verify mailspace
Mailspace verification checks the presence of email-related DNS records for your domain. Email DNS configurations ensure both the deliverability and the security of your mailspace.
- On the My Mailspaces page, click the manage icon next to your mailspace.
- Under Mailspace Overview, click on Verify to verify your mailspace configurations.
- The pop-up window displays all the email-related DNS records that are needed to set up your domain for your mailspace. Slickalpha DNS automatically configures your domain with all email-related DNS records. If you are using another DNS hosting service, please enter all the listed records into your domain's DNS settings. Upon completion, click on the Verify button on the pop-up to validate your DNS configurations.
6. Create a new mailbox
Congratulations! You have successfully completed setting up your first Slickalpha mailspace. Now let us set up your new mailbox and get started sending emails.
- On the My Mailspaces page, click the manage icon located right next to your mailspace.
- Scroll down and click on Create Mailbox under Mailboxes.
- Fill in the on-screen fields. Enter the username, user email, and mailbox email name of your choice. Finally, adjust the mailbox size that you wish to assign to this mailbox, and click on "Create mailbox."
- Confirm the request sent to your user email to activate the mailbox.
- Try logging into our free webmail platform Webmail3.com to send and receive email messages. Use our free IMAP Connectivity Analyzer tool to identify and resolve mailspace connectivity issues if you can't log in with your new mailbox credentials.
7. Setup email aliases
Using email aliases, you can receive email at a different email address than your regular mailbox address without having to create one. While it is optional to set up an alias, it can help you keep your primary inbox organized and easier to manage.
- On the My Mailspaces page, click the manage icon located right next to your new mailspace.
- Scroll down and click on Create Alias under Aliases.
- Fill in the on-screen fields. Enter the username, user email, alias email, and click "Create Alias."
Now that you know how easy it is to set up your Slickalpha mailspace, why not give it a try? By following these steps, you should have everything you need to get started. If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.